Southern Minnesota Hardwood Price List
- Mankato, MN
- Tel: 507-380-8513
Are you new to having logs sawn or lumber dried/milled? Have questions on the process works? We can help.
Our What To Expect page is a good place to start. Also we have a Frequently Asked Questions page to
help you understand the process better. Also Contact Us for more information.
- Logs to Flooring/Paneling Full Service Package
- Do you have some logs that are special to you?
Bring us your logs and we'll do the rest! We will turn your logs into custom flooring and/or paneling. Mix and match sizes; this includes wide plank flooring.
Your total cost is $5/square foot for the finished flooring/paneling. At an extra cost we can also pickup and deliver the logs and/or finished flooring for $1.50/round trip mile.
- Portable Sawmill
- Custom, Onsite Sawing. Cut to order. $70/hr. 2 hour minimum. $1.50/mile roundtrip mileage charge from Mankato MN. Blade charges: $20/band used. If the logs are clean and without embedded metal, the daily use is approximately 2 to 3 bands/day.
- Express Vacuum Kiln Drying
- $0.60/Bdft. 250 bdft minimum. There are additional handling charges for boards thicker than 10/4 or that individually weigh more than 100 lbs.
- Straight line rip: $0.35/linear ft
- Single-side plane (1 face): $0.35/square ft (one pass through the planer)
- Four-side plane/molding (tongue and groove flooring/paneling, moldings, etc): $1.25/square ft
Note: Small 4 sided modling jobs less than 250 sqft may be charged a setup fee depending on the desired profile.
Payment in full is expected upon pickup. Contact us for more information on our inventory and pricing.
In the table below "4/4" means the board is 1 inch thick; "8/4" means 2 inches thick, etc. "BDFT" stands for boardfoot.
A boardfoot is 144 cubic inches of wood. To calculate
the number of boardfeet of wood in a board multiply the number of inches of width times the number of inches of length times
the thickness divide by 144. For example a board measuring:
- 12 inches wide by 8 foot long by 1 inch thick is 8 bdft
(12 * 8 * 12 * 1 / 144 = 8 bdft).
- 10 inches wide by 8 foot long by 1 inch thick is 6.66 bdft
(10 * 8 * 12 * 1 / 144 = 6.66 bdft).
- 6 inches wide by 8 foot long by 1 inch thick is 4 bdft
(6 * 8 * 12 * 1 / 144 = 4 bdft).
- 8 inches wide by 4 foot long by 2 inch thick is 5.33 bdft
(8 * 4 * 12 * 2 / 144 = 5.33 bdft).
PRICES AND AVAILABILITY SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE.
Prices are on a per board foot basis. All wood is rough sawn. The minimum order is 25bdft;
Special cuts and custom orders are welcome with fast turnaround. Straight line ripping and planing
are available at an extra charge. See the "Millwork" section below.
* Note: add $1.50 to price for oak 4/4 quarter and rift sawn. Check for availability and sizing.
Limited supply of other northern hardwoods and sizes available. Payment in full is expected upon pickup. Call for further information.